One of the earliest loft condominium conversions in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, River Bank Lofts was built in the 1920s as a freight terminal and later housed an industrial printing facility.
FitzGerald developed a varied mix of floor plans for the building, providing layouts with 1-3 bedrooms and 1000-1700 square feet. The loft-style condominiums make the most of the building’s high original heavy timber ceilings and spacious plans include fireplaces and either a private balcony, large terraces for penthouse units, or waterfront patios on the ground floor.
To adapt such large industrial floor plates for a residential purpose, individual, secure 200-400 square foot storage spaces were created for each unit on a floor; an unprecedented amenity in a building of this size.
The brick and timber building features secure entries with doorman, on-site dry cleaning, exercise amenities, and meeting rooms. Parking is accommodated by a new three-story parking ramp at the north end of the site, allowing for indoor and outdoor deeded parking for residents and visitors.