The last building completed before the start of the 1933 Century of Progress World’s Fair, this highly regarded Art Deco building was once known as the home of the Trustee System bank as well as nine international consulates. The building’s local significance was certified in 1998 by the National Register of Historic Places as the “Trustees System Service Building”.
In 2003 it was renovated and transformed from a defunct office building to luxury residential apartments.
The renovation plan included two levels of commercial space, rental apartments on floors 3-28, a common roof deck on the 23rd floor and a complete repair of the building’s exterior including restoration of the building’s striking roofline back to its original design. The brick facades were restored to their original beauty and then highlighted with dramatic lighting to accentuate the 15 colors of graduated brick color.