Park Row and Centennial Court were among the first communities to be developed in the highly successful Central Station community. The site once housed the Illinois Central Railroad Station and its surrounding railyards built on reclaimed lakefront in 1892. The station was demolished in 1974, and planning for the 80-acre Central Station development was started in 1988.
Park Row was completed in 1992, and consists of 69 4-story townhouses in a mix of two-, three- and four-bedroom units.
Following the success of Park Row, Centennial Court was completed in 1994 and is located directly north of Park Row. It consists of 23 4-story townhouses in a mix of three- and four-bedroom units that face Indiana Avenue and Prairie Avenue, with a landscaped courtyard that opens to 14th Street on the north.